Studio Shop changes on March 15, 2024 will affect e-book purchases

We will be moving the Maitz & Wurts Studio Shop to a new software platform on March 15, 2024. This is generally good news because it will get us off of a 13-year-old version of software, improve account security, and improve the Shop’s appearance on mobile devices.

The one big downside is that accounts and previous orders cannot be automatically transferred into the new software. This will have the most effect on anyone who purchased 1 or more of the Wars of Light and Shadow short stories or The Gallant novella: Because everyone will need a new account in the Shop, your old e-book purchases (any that occurred between May 22, 2012 and March 15, 2024) will not be readily available.

UPDATE 3/15/2024: Removed information about logging into the old Studio Shop to backup e-books, since the new platform is now live.

If you don’t see this forum post in time and the new Studio Shop launches first, DON’T PANIC!

• Create an account in the new Studio Shop.
  • Contact us through the “Contact” link in the navigation bar of the new Studio Shop. Let us know what your old account email was and what your new account email is.
  • We will cross-reference your request with the historical sales data to confirm your identity (based on name and account email address) and then add the purchased e-books to your new Studio Shop account.

We do not want ANYONE to lose access to something they previously purchased, so we will handle every request to the best of our abilities.

3 Likes

Thank you! I downloaded all of my purchased stories just now because I’ll forget if I don’t do it right away. The memory’s the first thing to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

This work is now complete and the new Studio Shop is live! If you want to request the transfer of old e-books to a new Shop account:

• Create an account in the new Studio Shop.
  • Contact us through the “Contact” link in the navigation bar of the new Studio Shop. Let us know what your old account email was and what your new account email is.
  • We will cross-reference your request with the historical sales data to confirm your identity (based on name and account email address) and then add the purchased e-books to your new Studio Shop account.
2 Likes