Stormed Fortress - It's a Book!

originally posted by Konran

I started reading yesterday, finished around one this morning, and all I have to say is - whoa! I think the decision to read barefoot was a smart one!

I felt like with the other books we were locked into this cycle – or more accurately, a spiral – but in this one, we broke out of it. Something changed. It "feels" different now.

Thanks for the wild ride, Janny, I enjoyed it immensely. :smiley: *off to play in the spoiler thread*

originally posted by Kelly Hayes

I just got my copy in this afternoon! What a nice surprise to come home from lunch to. Reading it will be my reward for finishing the housework that needs to get done today. I can't wait to curl up with the book and a bowl of cherry cheesecake ice cream later :slight_smile:

originally posted by BillBob

Mine arrived Monday afternoon and I have begun to pour through it. I had wanted to reread the entire series or at least the Alliance of Light, to no avail however. Too many other irons in the fire. Currently reading Chapter 3. Everytime I think Janny can't ratchet the tension any higher, she proves us wrong.

originally posted by Mary

It's here! After checking the community mail box every day for a week, success!

Now the horrible dilema…shall I finish my re-read of Traitor's Knot or just plunge into Stormed Fortress.

And, happy chance, it's a long weekend here in Canada (Remembrance Day) AND I've taken Friday and Tuesday off as vacation days, so extra long weekend to savour Stormed Fortress! (Guess, maybe I should try to resist and finish Traitor's Knot…)

originally posted by Konran

Janny, I just thought you'd like to know that you've been chosen over Stephen R. Donaldson :smiley: Teh hubby was reading Fatal Revenant, but I came home tonight to find him freaking out over one of the plot twists in Stormed Fortress. Looks like Thomas Covenant's just going to have to wait until he's finished with Arithon and co. lol

originally posted by Clansman

Mary:

You must be one of those lucky people in government, the Courts, or Banks. Remembrance Day, for whatever reason, is not a statutory holiday.

Being a lawyer, with the Banks, Courts, and Registry Offices closed, we are closed too. Though I will still be in the office.

Enjoy a nice curl-up with Stormed Fortress this weekend.

(SHHHH! I've been sneeking my reads here and there during the day. SF is in my desk drawer!)

Clansman,

The logic of your statement "we are closed" followed by "though I will still be in the office" is a little hazy. <grin>

I work (as an accountant) for a regional library. Great job! I get to talk about books, wander through the Acquisitions Department and look at all the new books that have arrived and slip friendly emails to the collections manager about books that I think the library should be purchasing! <grin> She commented at a recent librarians meeting that, if they thought the library's fantasy collection had increased recently, it was probably my fault!

Finished Traitor's Knot last night. Previously unknown display of self-discipline - I didn't even crack open Stormed Fortress!

Off to curl up with some freshly brewed coffee and to start Stormed Fortress right now!

originally posted by Lyssabits

Well, those of us who work in government research labs also get a long weekend, for I suspect the same holiday, only we call it Veteran's day. I don't think people usually get it off, but it'd be criminal for us, The Veteran's Affairs Hospital, to not take it off. Maybe I'll finally finish my re-read of Traitors Knot so Stormed Fortress will stop mocking me from my bed stand.

originally posted by DarthJazy

I want a coppy so bad dam the american publishers

Hi to all the new faces and delurkers - what a thrilling month - we have a wonderful party going!

Konran - well - wow! I truly owe Stephen Donaldson one, because when he was on a book signing tour, once, his editor was wishing for something to read - and - he recommended my books…and lo, when the merger happened in Britain, and that editor wound up being hired into HarperCollins, she then asked to take on my books - which is one of the main reasons why I have had a really good, coherent record, there!

originally posted by squeak

I finally received mine last Tuesday and look forward to the end of this week when I can read it!!! This is the first time I have had so much work to do (I am the tech director of our high school plays and I teach art too :-p). Somehow, I have had enough responsible control to not read it at the expense of all my other work.
Janny, your book is sitting there taunting me and I know it is awesome because I have read everything beforehand I could get my hands on - And you have never disapointed me before :-). Just a few more days <sigh>.

Lee

originally posted by Susan C

I am in agony. I was out of town this weekend and my book is here, but I had a slip in my post office box because the book was too big for my box and the post office is closed until tomorrow.

Susan

originally posted by alexith

Susan, that always seems to happen to me too. Patience, is not a virtue I possess.
I have had the book a week or so, and just recently had time to read. It is amazing!!

Janny, it's fantastic!

I managed to read through carefully, instead of my usual rush through to find out what happens.

originally posted by squeak

Our run is over and now to the read. I can't wait :slight_smile:

Lee

Everybody - thank you all for your very kind and encouraging delight - this is always a tremendous boost to my day, knowing the book I worked so carefully to produce is now being so happily received.

originally posted by Lester Fyshe

Any word on a US publisher yet?

Lester Fyshe - new face? Welcome here.

In short, not yet.

Expect a very loud and happy announcement, at the time the situation becomes corrected. I don't know when, either. Trust that I have an excellent agent, and we do have a strategy.

Until it works out, or something unexpected pops in, sweetest thing anyone might do is to support the edition of Stormed Fortress just published in London. That's available now. :smiley: Early word of mouth is priceless, since alot of US readers may be unaware it's been released.

As the author, I stand behind the fact I've done my very best to deliver a solid read culminating the Alliance of Light phase of the series. If it doesn't surprise and thrill you - I'll eat my shoes. :smiley:

I pulled out all the authorial stops, no question.

originally posted by Blue

Any chance of a sneak peek at what a US cover would look like?

originally posted by alexith

I finished the book finally last weekend, but have had no time to post anything. Just a brief note — this is my favorite book out of the whole series. Previously it was CoTMW, but I absolutely LOVED Stormed Fortress. It was utterly amazing. So no need to eat your shoes, Janny!