Song of the Mysteries, the final volume

This is the big day - official release for Song of the Mysteries begins. The crescendo of the story and the closing of a long journey.

Believe me, I am as excited to see you readers receive the finish that I labored so hard to complete! The excitement, on my part, to watch you receive the finale marks a lifetime moment.

Share your thoughts - use a spoiler tag - since others may be waiting on their copies, or held up for the time to read them. There will be a livestream celebration and launch party tonight on youtube, hosted by author John A. Douglasā€™s channel - with a spectacular line up of guests! The kick off time is 8 PM Eastern Time and 7 PM central - do stop by, log in, and join in the message chat. The theme for the launch will be ā€˜What it Takes to Write Epic Fantasyā€™ and weā€™ll have other authors on hand.

Thatā€™s if you can tear yourself away from page 1 and join us - the recorded session will likely be available to view later if you canā€™t!

Good hunting - and have a screaming tense and marvelous journey to the finish!

5 Likes

Up to chapter IV so far! Despite trying to sleep, the lure was great. :smiley: Canā€™t wait for this launch this afternoon!

3 Likes

Iā€™m stopping to go to work.
Iā€™ll continue at ā€œInheritanceā€.
I enjoyed Siantraā€™s dual perspective.

3 Likes

My Kindle version arrived overnight but Iā€™m resisting the urge to start reading. Iā€™ve got work tomorrow and I know if I begin tonight, Iā€™ll never get enough sleep to get up tomorrow morning. The three-day weekend here in the US will be devoted to this book. I am SOOO excited for the conclusion.

4 Likes

Up through Chapter XIIIā€™s start in the ebook and thisā€¦ this is going to be huge. I was floored when I got to preview the book and I continue to be floored. So so good!

2 Likes

Holy cow, it is so quiet in here you could hear a pin dropā€¦

4 Likes

We are all busy reading, although I will be doing stuff around the house and yard again today, but sun is not up yet, so reading. I miss a real book, I am real disappointed the Australian release date was changed to Sept 4th, I have to wait for the hardcover to come from the UK before I will have a real book in my hand.

I am up to chapter XV.

1 Like

Weā€™re too busy reading! Youā€™ll just have to enjoy the sounds of the crickets in the meantime :wink:

3 Likes

ā€œirruptedā€

Not my first visit to Websterā€™s unabridged since starting SOTM.

It adds to the fun.

1 Like

Mine was ā€œimminentā€ vs. ā€œimmanentā€!

2 Likes

Busy doing a full series reread so everything is as fresh in my mind as possible before diving head first into Song of the Mysteries for the first time

1 Like

Iā€™ve just finished ā€œRicochetā€. I get the impression that, were the fifth arc divided into separate volumes, the first volume would end there.

I canā€™t imagine what will follow from this point.

Time for a break to reflect before continuing.

Amazing revelations so farā€¦

1 Like

The perspective and constrained potential of a great dragon; intriguingā€¦

1 Like

My word of the weekend was ā€¦ gnomon

1 Like

I think my favorite quote from Song of the Mysteries was ā€œbe no oneā€.
That was unexpected.

3 Likes

I binge read the book over 4 days during convalescence- will have to re read the beginning since was still under the influence of residual sedation. I needed a few days to assimilate the varied, dense , and emotional story lines before jumping into this forum to give some feedback. I will be general so as not to spoil it for those still reading. The descritpive word smithing was everything I came to expect from Janny and why I have been a fan for decades. I was not surprised by some of the conclusions, was saddened by a couple of the charactersā€™ endings but appreciated the neccessity of how their stories played out. I finished the book wanting just a little more closure on others.
I have so many questions- Who really are the Beidar with their god like abilities? How long is an Age? How did Atheraā€™s history progress through these ages and what did that land look like when the Sages looked back?
Janny: Thank you so much for finishing this series with the same creativity, energy, and dedication that you started with so many years ago.
With awe and gratitude:
Julie

3 Likes

I have been taking my time because I tend to race through when Iā€™m excited about a book. Iā€™m almost halfway through my kindle version. About 20 minutes ago my hardcover arrived, too! Itā€™s snug as a bug in a rug on my Janny Wurts Designated Bookshelf :wink:

3 Likes
  1. Iā€™m glad I read The Gallant first; for perspective.

2. Wordsmith indeed; to bring bring such concepts to life at such a grand AND minute scale.

3. 300-or-so pages to go. My print book should arrive today. Maybe Iā€™ll read the remainder that wayā€¦

1 Like

I finished Song of the Mysteries on Wednesday & canā€™t stop thinking about it! So many threads from previous books tied off. And I am sure I missed others so a re-read is a must.
For once I havenā€™t started reading anything else - my head is too full of Song.
A truly fitting finale to a remarkable series. Thank you Janny.

3 Likes

Hi - just dropping in to say thank you so much Janny. This series has given us so much great reading over the years as well as this board.

4 Likes