Post Cards?

I would love to spread the word of this series in some positive way. I thought if there were postcards I could order, I’d grab a hundred and keep them in my backpack for when I run into fantasy readers.

Dave

Janny has bookmarks, might get more use from fantasy readers.

1 Like

It’d be nice to have the Song of the Mysteries included in a WoLaS bookmark and the option for not getting the signed book plate (I have signed books). This is why postcards would be simpler. I assume the boomarks are a little more effort than just printing something.

There will probably be a Song of the Mysteries bookmark, but currently none of the new artwork is released. I would like to see the other character art released as bookmarks as well from the covers of Fugitive Prince, Ships of Merior and Warhost.

There will be a commemorative book mark for Song of the Mysteries/available as soon as the cover reveal is announced.

Post cards: had some HarperCollins provided, give them all out. I will see about designing something. Meantime: the Navigation sheet is on the website in downloadable PDF, you are always welcome to print and distribute them!

I have audio book hand outs that are postcard sized/for all titles I have in audio and ALSO, e book handouts for the satellite short stories relating to the series. Anyone wanting some: Send me a self addressed stamped envelope, or addressed envelope with an International Reply Coupon, say how many you want to distribute, which titles, and I will mail them.

If anyone else has ideas - what you’d like to see - shout them here. I have suitable artwork for postcard sized reproductions - what do you think would do for copy/type to go on them? Website and series titles, just website and Wars of Light and Shadows? These are doable…if there is interest.

If anyone wants a graphic of the pub date announcement, or the preorder date announcement, I have those in digital formats for social media and Instagram. e mail me where to send them. Happy to have the help!

6 Likes

Any thoughts on post cards. I want to blast the completion of the series everywhere I can.

Still waiting on cover reveal/so the art is yet under wraps.

1 Like

(poke, hint)

The new navigation sheet is available on the website, the new book marks are printed - series commemorative updated to show the new title, and the exclusive for Song of the Mysteries.

Also fixed the sell sheet/ready for the printer.

No postcards yet. We are going to Orycon in Portland next month as guests - other than that, I have no idea what I would DO with a postcard format. We have nowhere else to hand them out, and at conventions like this, I see way too many ‘freebie’ handouts wind up in the trash.

Bookmarks don’t usually wind up in a land fill…why I went with that format, and the navigation sheets are able to reflect a lot more about the arc structure.

Once, HarperVoyager made such post cards…as we near release, perhaps they will again. I am not holding my breath, my focus at this moment:

finish the Grim Oak Press art deadlines for Servant of the Empire and after that one, Mistress.

Then work on unfinished short works expanding the Athera back history, and outreach to new readership, with time going into a NEW NOVEL to submit since my Option clause with HC UK demands they get first look at my next novel…whatever happens after that hinges on what happens with the new release and if I get an offer to renew a contract/choose to accept it…everything is in the air.

The only certainty: I will be actively creating. the next step, whatever that is.

4 Likes