Destiny's Conflict: Speculation (contains Initiate's Trial spoilers)

originally posted by Annette

Spoiler, spoiler, well maybe…

Look what appeared. :smiley:

We left Arithon on the north shore of Lithmarin, on his way to Rathain presumably, is he going to walk past Athili with nothing happening? Or perhaps Janny is leaving that encounter till later.

originally posted by Sleo

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

LOL. Who knows? What are Daliana and Dakar going to do with Lysaer? What happened to the red haired boy? Will Elaira make it to Althain Tower? When the heck is Arithon going to remember everything? What the heck happened at that wedding? ARGH!!!

(Message edited by admin on November 12, 2011)

Well if Arithon is going to Rathain, maybe Lysaer is going to end up in Tysan. Dakar would be smart enough to try and keep Lysaer as far from Arithon as possible. Maybe Lysaer might wake up in a bad mood and still torch a few temples? Khadrien probably decided to go home.

(Message edited by admin on November 12, 2011)

Definitely they need to be as far apart as possible.

SPOILER SPOILER

Hopefully Lysaer will go to Tysan and take down the Light's obnoxious religion.

Actually using his elemental power to torch a few temples is more likely to either make the True Sect more popular, or start yet another Light based religion. But it is what Lysaer was going to try before being distracted, and it could provided some entertainment for us, seeing the True Sects fallen avatar show them a bit of true justice. And if Janny is going to go playing the heart strings again and having us weeping all over the place I would like to have some equally fun bits to make us laugh as well. Initiate's Trial had a nice balance of both, I would like to see that continue. Lysaer does not have to kill anyone, just lighten their workload (and perhaps what they are wearing) a bit and show his devoted priesthood what he really thinks of them. Instead of being sword of the canon, he should be the sword that takes to the canon with a vengeance. Wishful thinking I know, he is more likely to fall to that curse yet again and make the same mistakes, or worse ones.

originally posted by Julie

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Well what is Selidie's last card??? Arithon will be burdoned again with the needs of others. Elaira has the the backing of the Beidar- no small matter-. Lysaer will continue his torturous path to redemption but with the unconditional love and loyalty of Daliana And a master initiate at his side.

My question is… does the Destiny of the title refer to Traithe's raven??

(Message edited by admin on November 14, 2011)

originally posted by Trys

Please use spoiler rules in this topic.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

That's an interesting idea, Julie. Where does it come from?

originally posted by Julie

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

did I do that right? a bit techno challenged

Sleo- I remember reading in I think Peril's Gate something to effect of… the raven whose name is Destiny… It stuck with me but I haven't read that book in quite a while.

We could of course ask our wordsmith!!!

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Hmm. I did a search of 'destiny' through Stormed Fortress and found it mentioned in relation to the Fellowship most often, and once to the Biedar. But not to the raven. Also in relation to the knife that Elaira is carrying.

The female Raven is Prophecy. Do not recall her earthly aspect that partners Traithe getting a name?

Knowing Janny the destiny in the title could refer to anything and everything. Lysaer fighting and losing his battle against destiny could be one.

originally posted by Trys

Julie, perfect. :smiley:

And the biggest conflict destined to happen is the compact being broken. Janny must have told us where just about every cave and underground hiding area is by now, presumably they and Alestron get to be of significance in the story soon, even if they are only used as a precaution. Arithon being executed could have dire results.

originally posted by J Tal

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

Just a thought Dakar said that Arithon cannot die prematurely. What if Arithon does agree to be king then is executed. It could be a sacrifice to save Lysaer. Although in my opinion that would be a very sad end to a very enjoyable series :smiley:

Don't even think such things!

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

No way is Arithon going to die!

Arithon dying will most likely be a sacrifice to save Lysaer, but not the end of the story. Arithon is not likely to be accepting any kingship before then either. Davien is looking for an alternative to the compact, Arithon is not going through all this just to be king of Rathain. And it is not likely that Davien lied to Dakar when he said these tempering experiences would enable Arithon to achieve his hearts desire. Arithon agreeing to be king of anything before the execution would not result in the Fellowship being reunited, since Davien would still refuse to co-operate.

Arithon's opinion on kingship has not changed, even without his memory, and getting his memory back is not going to improve Asandir's chances of getting Rathain a king. Arithon would seem more likely to accept kingship of Sithaer itself than the kingship of Rathain. Remains to be seen if dying changes Arithon's opinion on kingship, it is bound to change something.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Why are you guys talking about Arithon dying???

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I thought Dakar foretold his execution? Also he was willing to accept Kingship with the s'Brydon can't remember which book though but they thwarted him I believe or something along those lines.

I don't want him to die I would be extremely disappointed if he did and probably crying in to my cup of tea and pillow for months. I hope I am very far from the mark on this one it was just a thought.

Yes, Dakar did have a prophecy about that, but it was one of the ones he remembered, and hence open to change.

spoiler spoiler

Oh didn't realise that for some reason I thought whatever he saw happened I really do need to go and re-read again.